Here are two decks of Anki flashcards (Vocabulary and Phrases/Sentences) to help users who wish to revise and have a structured means for further practice of the contents of the "Conversational Teochew In A Month" text-cum-audio Teochew language self-learning program. These flashcards may be used on computers as well as Android/iOs devices.
To download your FREE copy of the "Conversational Teochew In A Month" course (available in mp3 sound file + .srt subtitle and Audiobook (.epub file) formats), decide which language version you prefer and go to the respective product page:
What is Anki
"Anki" (暗記), which means "memorisation" in Japanese, a spaced repetition-flashcard software program. Here is a video introducing the Anki software and how to use it:
To Use Conversational Teochew In A Month Anki Cards
Before you use "Conversational Teochew In A Month" Anki flashcards, you need to first download and install the Anki software, which is available for different types of devices:
1. Desktop/laptop computers (FREE) - click here to download
2. Android devices - AnkiDroid (FREE) - click here to download from Google Play
3. iOs devices - AnkiMobile (US$24.99) - click here to purchase and download from iTunes (alternative Anki apps are available at different prices)
Disclaimer: The Teochew Store has no commercial or other affiliation with the developers of Anki or its mobile apps. Our recommendations are based solely on the functionality and compatibility of the relevant applications.
After downloading the programs and installing them on your computer/device (using instructions provided by the software/app providers), go to our "Conversational Teochew In A Month - Anki Flashcards" produce page, add it to cart and then complete the check-out process. A link to download to decks will be sent automatically to an email address you provide.
After saving the decks to your computer/device, open the Anki program and then "import" them from the file menu on the top left.
1. To start your revision, first select the deck you wish to study and click on it.
2. Click again on "Study Now" and Anki automatically selects a number cards for you to revise for the day.
3. Each card will first show a Teochew vocabulary item or phrase/sentence, written in Traditional Chinese and accompanied by an English translation.
4. Try to say out the vocabulary term or phrase/sentence in Teochew. Once done, click "Show Answer".
5. The same vocabulary term or phrase/sentence will be displayed again, this time with its audio reading played out. If you are satisfied that you got the correct answer, rate your performance by selecting "Good" or "Easy". If not, choose "Again" to revise the same card in the current session.
A video demonstration is shown below: